Monday, November 8, 2010

My grandmother‘s house


My grandmother‘s house is in Edapally. Initially it was a village. Instead a concrete compound wall people marked their territory with local made fence They made barrier out of brown yellow dry leaf and bamboo stick And used to plant various vegetation near to those fence .Once these flora and fauna grew it climb on those fence and the fence turned more stronger .The flora and faunas include an yellow Pumpkin, Bottle guard, green cucumber, Tender Yard Long Beans and many more.
I have perceived two different phase of change in Edapally .The first phase was a transformation from a village to a Semi urban landscape and Second phase was the semi-urban landscape to the part of so called Cochin city.
The landscape of Edapally is dry and it was a new experience for me .Initially plenty of trees like jack fruit trees, Mango trees, Guava trees, Tamarind trees were there .Due to this lash vegetation there was a plenty of species like, squeal, mongoose and variety of birds .Both mongoose and squeal having brown colored cute thick wooly texture .The speedy moving mangoes are humorous and speculative in nature. The snake is the inborn enemy of mongoose so that I aspired to see the neck to neck or the star war between two extremes .I dreamt but, until now I could not have it
One day I happen to dreamt a snake and narrated it to my grand mother .Immediately My grandmother prayed to ST.George she was a hardcore believer of St. George .She also used to narrate various pebbles on St.George And these narrations were enhancing. Edapally church is one of the well known shrines of St.George in kerala. The feast of St.George celebrate in the month of May and we used to go there .While going Edapally church we also visit my grandmother’s home .She had a very old fashioned house and surroundings of the house crowded with various trees like teak wood, Jack fruit tree, Mango tree, Gove tree, Cause nut tree and many more. I like to go Edapally because I could see various pretty birds and squeals.
I did not like my grand mother but love her brother when we compare these two extreme characters we cannot believe that she is his brother because, Her brother is so humble and having a pleasing personality. My grandmother is elder than him .She could have call his name instead addressing him by name she always call him Eada Varkey And, her voice evoked the sense of domination. He used to wear a white Polyester kurtha and dhoti and, this peculiar dressed was distinguishable. He use to smoke cigarette and use to carry candies and chocolates in his big pocket of the Kurtha .And his pocket can very well compared with the huge basket of Santa .He used to tell lot of amazing stories, proverbs and tricky game, Other than that, he used to ask tricky questions .Still remember a tricky game which he initially told us
cycle ralle polle alla lori ralli
He was contractor use to undertake various building construction .Unfortunately , His wife happen to saw him hanging on a tightrope and painting a gigantic wall it was an unexpected scene made her ambiguous this over-excitement made her mentally imbalanced .He smile and tell amusing stories it may bypass his stress . When I was nine year old he was become a brain tumor patient and undergone various treatment I am not remembering the hospital where he was admitted but later he shifted to Kottayam Medical collage there he conclude the humble life

No comments: